Is there a mobile version of the forums?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ShieldsOnTour

Oct 5, 2009
Edinburgh
Hi all,

Just as the Subject really! I am out and about a lot and just have my phone. Most forums have mobile portals and was wondering if this one does to, and if so what the URL is?

Thanks,

Tim.

Morning Fox

Forager
Sep 30, 2008
Reigate
Don't mean to be rude but surely the obvious way to find the answer to your question would just be to have a look yourself? :rolleyes:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
There a great Google app for the iPhone that has voice recognition on it. You just start the app, bring the phone up to your ear, speak the name of what you want to find & it decodes what you said into a search string, then displays the results. Its very cool & is available off the App store for free. Thought I would mention it in case some people had not seen it.

A PDA/WAP version would be nice, as would a dedicated iPhone app, but it's probably not going to happen due to the cost of developing it & the relativley small userbase of BCUK (when compared to a service like eBay or Facebook). Would be nice though. Perhaps in time.

Seth.Karlo

Aug 11, 2009
Wiltshire
The admins would need to make a separate site for the iPhone, and use code to figure out whether a mobile was using the site, and then redirect them to the mobile site. The mobile can't create a new site if it doesn't exist.

-Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE