Is it possible to download pics without a photo sharing site

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Ive been using photobucket for age's with no prob's( but for the life of me i cant think why) they changed the way you upload a pic from your photo's on your pc to there site,and as im a severe thicko with all techy gadget's i cant now figure out how to upload a pic with that stupid bulk uploader, it just keep's crashing the site? so i registered with flikr, well i cant make heads n tails of that thing, can download a pic but have no clue how to get it on here, so my question(please if you answer pretend you are explaining to a 2 yr old) can i download a pic straight to this site without a photo sharing site? or can anyone help me sort out how to fix(it was'nt broke) the way i upload to photobucket again?

many thanks.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
i had issues with PB too Andy,..

i went over to Flickr too,....i,m managing with it,...

i,m sure we cant directly upload to the site mate,...but id be interested to hear the answers ref any easy hosting sites....

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I've not been able to upload any pics, from computer or flickr. Been trying all afternoon but nothing seems to work I'm getting a bit fed up with it.
Colin.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
The Photobucket Uploader add-on for Firefox works a treat and is a LOT easier to use than PB's own uploader.

However, the app they use for the bulk uploader is java based, if you're having problems with it I'd check you've got an up to date Java run time installed - if they're out of date they're a security risk and well worth updating.

You can check by visiting this site: http://www.java.com/verify

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Ive been using photobucket for age's with no prob's( but for the life of me i cant think why) they changed the way you upload a pic from your photo's on your pc to there site..."

I find PB to be pretty unusable these days, too much clever stuff going on. I mostly link to images I keep in Picasa, but for the odd one of image I use imgur, just click on the 'upload images from Computer' button, navigate to where the image is, upload it an bobs your uncle. :)

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
I find PB to be pretty unusable these days, too much clever stuff going on. I mostly link to images I keep in Picasa, but for the odd one of image I use imgur, just click on the 'upload images from Computer' button, navigate to where the image is, upload it an bobs your uncle. :)

mate thats so easy!!!!

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Imgur for me... http://imgur.com/

They don't move your piccy's the day after you host them (I've yet to loose one on a forum in a year)
I'm uploading 15mp full size images without cropping or an account and the image quality is rather good.

(although my photography skills are nowhere near as good as some on here)

U7cd0.jpg

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Ive been using photobucket for age's with no prob's( but for the life of me i cant think why) they changed the way you upload a pic from your photo's on your pc to there site,and as im a severe thicko with all techy gadget's i cant now figure out how to upload a pic with that stupid bulk uploader, it just keep's crashing the site?

I've used bulk uploader twice and both times it's crashed on me, I just do a simple upload but hold down the ctrl button until all files are selected.

I've noticed that PB will switch any portrait images to landscape though when you do a good few at once.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I've been using Photobucket for about 8 yrs now and apart from them losing a few pics a long time ago, haven't had any problems with it. I tried the bulk uploader once and it didn't work for me so I routinely upload the same way as shewie.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE