International Day of Peace

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

malcolmc

Forager
Jun 10, 2006
Wiltshire
www.webwessex.co.uk
Most of the TV I watch is time shifted. I’ve just seen a film, broadcast on BBC4 in the UK yesterday, titled ‘The Day After Peace’. It describes Jeremy Gilley’s vision of an annual ‘Day of Peace’ (every 21 September, today) and how he pursued this over many years. It is both moving and inspirational; it shows what one person with a vision can achieve. Highly recommended viewing if it’s on again, I’m sure it will be.

Further info at http://www.peaceoneday.org .

malcolmc

Forager
Jun 10, 2006
Wiltshire
www.webwessex.co.uk
Thanks Rebel.

The documentary film ‘The Day after Peace’ is being repeated at 22:45 hrs. on BBC 2 (UK) tonight. It really is worth watching. Jeremy Gilley actually changed things for the better and has saved lives. He had the idea it would be a good thing if all countries agreed to have a cease-fire one day each year. Then he found out there was an existing United Nations resolution, which said exactly that, but for various reasons it was not being observed. He promoted an amendment to the resolution to make the original intention workable and, overcoming many obstructions, got it passed by the UN unanimously. In 2007, which is as far as the film goes, there was a ceasefire across the world on Sep 21. Being a ‘good news’ story it wasn’t well covered by the press; I try to keep aware of such things and it was off my radar at the time. It just shows what one clear thinking dedicated person with a concern can achieve, I feel humbled, it was such an obvious thing to do. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE