interesting YouTube channel...

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
....about survival/ bushcraft in northern vietnam.

yesterday i stumbled across a YouTube channel called "" survival instinct "" . i've watched about a dozen videos so far and there's more for the next week or so:) . the guy doesn't talk at all (like the well-known chap from Queensland) and all he uses is a local type of jungle knife to build a hut, trap, crossbow etc. ...

i've managed to watch the whole channel by now...

in 2010 i used a two-man version of the bamboo fire saw to start the evening campfires during my time on a farm in the Northern Territory, the same method i used to show kids on a farm in Korea in 2012. At some later point (2013) i had an epic failure:jawdrop: and have never been able to start fire since then despite several tries:eek::bag:

all my attempts with several versions of the one-man version were unsuccessful, too:(and
today i grabbed some bamboo on the beach and tried the method from this channel using a driftwood log as base and coconut husk as tinder under supervision from an already mentioned floppy-eared young lady (she's used to "daddy" starting fires with sticks from our time in the mountains). first attempt failed but second time was successful -- having a light breeze helped getting an ember...

not a world-shattering event but i'm happy

Reactions: Janne

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.