Interesting axe.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I have a british made axe for sale. It's similar in shape to the Gransfors Broad Axe and has the same shaped curved handle. The head is about 1.2 lb in weight. It has had a new handle expertly fitted. The poll is thin and designed more for carving than splitting logs. I believe it is quite old. Open to offers or Trade for something nice.

I still don't know anything about Gilpins of Cannock despite trying to find out everywhere. This Axe has a narrow Pol an I would therefore assume it is designed as a carving rather than a splitting/ Felling Axe. It seems to be quite old, but is in fantastic condition. It has also been expertly re handled. I would be happy to take offers on this item or trade for something nice.

andyprice74@hotmail.com

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Any idea of the age?

Sounds like a riflemans hatchet which would make is v old - what did the original handle look like - was it straight?

You might have a real gem there.

gurushaun

Forager
Sep 12, 2003
Modbury, Devon/Cannock Staffs
Gilpins where an iron founders and forgers based in Cannock, until recently their premises were used by the company Britool who also made tool forgings, and complete tools like spanners, pliers, hanmmers etc, they were recently aquired by a larger tool company (who also make Facom tools). The factory is now only used for distribution :-(

Just a little background from a Cannock lad :roll:

Cheers

Shaun

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE