Interesting airbed/chair.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
My back is hurting just watching that video, looks cool i like the filling with air method

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Me want :).

I wonder how long it would stay inflated for before bum is on ground, as in, would it remain inflated for a full nights kip.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
They do look pretty cool, I can see myself lounging in the garden on one during the summer (Under a tarp, in the pouring rain with a cup of warm cocoa of course)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
That's rather cool, if you had a bit of insulation on there it would be a great quick bed for the night under a tarp (well, as long as the sharp stones and twigs were cleared) It's probably fairly tough though.

Not sure about long term comfort, it looks fine for laying on your back but what about turning, being in a sleeping bag etc?

I'd like to try it though :D

[video=youtube;Th1MSz9T9pw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th1MSz9T9pw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

attachment.php

Last edited:

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Oh yes I like that.:)
Just a thought but if it's airtight then it should be waterproof so could double up as a pack liner, hell throw on some straps it could become a roll-top backpack.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Have used big Ortleib drysacks as seats in the past, have stayed inflated all night long. And at that size it'll also double as a bodybag should the person get out a mouthorgan and proceed to play just one tune ALL night long!:banghead:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You could fit a set of drones to that :D

It'd make a heck of a racket :D

You know the nozzle/bag filling method for the downmats ? This is just doing away with the down mat, and using the bag instead :D
It it's airtight though ? and weighs almost nowt …….

M

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
It's interesting how the tiny air inlets now seem silly with things like the windcatcher mattress and this.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE