Interest in Baofeng UV-82 Group Buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yes this is true, but if you just want to hear, then buy a scanner, then there is no temptation to transmit

See Teedee's post #39.

I've found that most of the people I've met who were interested in amateur radio weren't normally over given to random temptations.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I agree, we should restrict everyone's freedom because some people may abuse their's. We should ban vehicles that do more than 30mph too, it is a scandal. :D What we need is more Totalitarian Communitarianism. :rolleyes:

I'm going to do a little research on the best scanners that I can use to listen to Mountain Rescue searching in the wrong place for me. Perhaps they do one with a whistle! :p Before anyone starts issuing death threats, I'm only teasing.

I may be 'tempted' to a little something from China and I don't mean Communism, more consumerism.

At £24 it is worth a punt. I can always lend it to Cap'n Badger to operate, he's a Pirate. :pirate:

Last edited:

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
It's not freedom you are restricting following the rules set out by Ofcom, it's asking people to learn some basic rules and information so they do not cause any interference over the radio, that may effect emergency services or MoD traffic. So if you want to play radio get your ticket, or use CB or the PMR radios out of Argos

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....I may be 'tempted' to a little something from China and I don't mean Communism, more consumerism.

At £24 it is worth a punt. I can always lend it to Cap'n Badger to operate, he's a Pirate. :pirate:

You'll be ahead if you also order extra batteries at the same time as the free shipping is only for orders over a certain amount. Ordering them alone later probably won't tip the minimum required order.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It's not freedom you are restricting following the rules set out by Ofcom, it's asking people to learn some basic rules and information so they do not cause any interference over the radio, that may effect emergency services or MoD traffic. So if you want to play radio get your ticket, or use CB or the PMR radios out of Argos

Agreed. But the basic rule is simple and straightforward: Don't transmit.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
For those that are interested , the following although not a GB is a link to someone I've come into contact with ( disclaimer:- no financial or incentive based kickback involved ) who has put together a nice package:-

http://www.sentinel-shield.com/comms.html

Our Expedition Radio Package is an ideal low-cost way to add resiliant two-way communications to your setup , and become familar with radio units before one can then choose to take the plunge and undertake a Foundation Course.
The Radio Model is the UV-5R, it comes pre-programmed with a stock list of maritime, search and rescue and other handy frequencies. Others can be added at the time of ordering for no extra charge.

The bundle consists of:-

Dual-band radio transciever for VHF and UHF frequencies

Mains charger, car charger and extra AAA battery pack

Standard antenna, extra long antenna and magnetic mount remote antenna with cable

Price is just 45.00 GBP
delivered to any British Isles address

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE