Insulated Mug recomendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lostdreamer

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2007
Wmids
Hello all. Scary how one keeps gravitating back here, even if you were only ever really a lurker...

I find myself having to replace the insulated mugs in the car again, because I have broken them. I was browsing through ebay trying to work out which ones looked like they were any use, and this little voice in the back of my mind said "why don't you ask BCUK? I bet they know a decent insulated mug". Normally, my doctor tells me to ignore voices like that but I figured "what's the worst that can happen?"

The important thing is that it hooks over the dashboard in a land rover defender, so anything with finger indents on the handle or the handle too close to the mug itself is a no-no. Bonus points go for spill resistance, easily cleaned, cheap enough I can loan them out without worry and capacious capacity.

So, err, yeah. What ideas do you clever and nice people have?

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hehe, i have one of these and have used it for around 9 years, still works, keeps a fresh brew HOT! for a good hour at least, very cheap, i have abused mine, dropped bashed about in the boot chucked in the bottom of a bergan, brilliant little cup,

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've got a few different ones from £1 poundland to Thermos brand and to be honest an all plastic Aladdin brand I got for about a quid is by far the best out of the lot.

I picked up two BCB 'Army' 1/3 litre flasks,,,,,utter crap they are.

Aug 13, 2011
Hello all. Scary how one keeps gravitating back here, even if you were only ever really a lurker...

I find myself having to replace the insulated mugs in the car again, because I have broken them. I was browsing through ebay trying to work out which ones looked like they were any use, and this little voice in the back of my mind said "why don't you ask BCUK? I bet they know a decent insulated mug". Normally, my doctor tells me to ignore voices like that but I figured "what's the worst that can happen?"

The important thing is that it hooks over the dashboard in a land rover defender, so anything with finger indents on the handle or the handle too close to the mug itself is a no-no. Bonus points go for spill resistance, easily cleaned, cheap enough I can loan them out without worry and capacious capacity.

So, err, yeah. What ideas do you clever and nice people have?

Never a good idea to have a distraction like that in yer car..

You might be tempted to use it whilst on the move....

£80 fine and 3 points on yer license..... Or the worst a death or more....

Please stay safe and look after other road users.....:)

Lostdreamer

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2007
Wmids
You might be tempted to use it whilst on the move....

£80 fine and 3 points on yer license..... Or the worst a death or more....

Well said that man.

Fortunately, it's less of a problem than it seems. Partly because I prefer the map monkey/gate gimp role when out exploring. Mostly it's because they are stored there because they are nice and accessable and I can just lean in an grab them rather than for any drinking & driving purpose.

Some nice ideas, but nothing that leaps out so far. Most of them have solid handles, which isn't quite what I am looking for.
Ho hum, may just have to go back to nosing through ebay and experimenting.

Reaps72

Forager
Jul 20, 2011
West Yorkshire
Before you shoot me down regards L shaped handles! I use Contigo Autoseal cups No Handle No Spills No Fuss Chuck them any where they don't leak!http://www.gocontigo.com/travel-mugs.html They appear to do one with some kind of carib handle!

Got mine on ebay about £25 for a pack with 2 in a couple of years ago used daily still going strong!!

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
My vote is for the Lifeventure thermal mug. It's tough, works well and slides nicely into a stuffed pack. 9 quid at any outdoor shop.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE