Insects

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
What's your favourite edible insects i v not explored this fully but iv eaten w oodlice ,tastes like shrimp, and smoked earthworms ,tastes like bacon ,before anyone laughs I'm a savage il eat anything everything is fair game to satisfy my curiosity

Geordie9

Forager
Oct 25, 2010
Hampshire
Woodlice were the 1st insect I tried and I really liked them. I have tried a few since then scorpions, crickets, ants, locusts, and farm mealworms which I raise for my own consumption.

Never tried earthworms but looking forward to adding them to my list if they taste like bacon.

How did you prepare them?

bush coconuts (= the gall of an insect in arid parts of Australia) -- various edible parts and the grub tastes like coconut cream

i've also eaten witchetties and similar grubs in Japan, green ants in the Top End (tastes like lemon -- the local ants in costa rica taste like poop) and palm beetle grubs here in central america

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE