Insect Netting for Hammock GROUP BUY

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
Postie delivered today, awesome stuff, cheers magikelly.

Does anyone else think it would be feasible to add velcro or a zip to the skirt, to aid use on the ground under a tarp?

M

mikehill

Arrived today John, thanks for organising it all :You_Rock_
Mike.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
dommyracer said:
Postie delivered today, awesome stuff, cheers magikelly.

Does anyone else think it would be feasible to add velcro or a zip to the skirt, to aid use on the ground under a tarp?

had thought about doing the same thing, but you would need to match up the strips with whatever you were tucking it under, so prolly best left as a home modification IMO. I think self adhesive velcro is pretty readily available and should stick pretty well to the underside of a carrymat or thermarest etc. All you would need is a few bits at strategic points just to hold the skirt under and keep it all in place. Your body weight should do the rest.

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
MagiKelly said:
Why not just use the press studs that are already there ?

Actually I've used them and still had some insects invading my space. I was thinking of getting a zip put in, but velcro is the better option. That way if you need to get out in the middle of the night for a pee you can still do it in the dark!

Phil

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I am sure there will be another one. I am actually waiting for the insect netting supplier to get back to me with some samples of a hammock that they do. Actually they do two hammocks. One with an integral insect net and one open like the current ones. Once I have these I suspect I will run another insect net and hammock group buy.

While we are bumping this thread I still have one net from the last batch to be paid for. At least I think so, it is possible I might have got my records mixed up. I'll send a PM to remind them.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Gazz_ Miggy has not paid or replied to the PM so I guess he does not want his now. So due to that and having ordered a spare or two for myself there are now 2 available. From what I can tell Glen and quadmad next in line.

So Glen & Quadmad let me know if you are still interested.

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
MagiKelly said:
Gazz_ Miggy has not paid or replied to the PM so I guess he does not want his now. So due to that and having ordered a spare or two for myself there are now 2 available. From what I can tell Glen and quadmad next in line.

If not I'll take 'em....pm me ! :D

Ta!

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
MagiKelly said:
From what I can tell Glen and quadmad next in line.

Paypal sent.
Thanks for all your hard work on these Group Buys. :You_Rock_

Forager

Jun 22, 2005
Summer is coming - and I've missed hammock & net & tarp group buys. I'm interested in all three when you're ready.

Cheers,

Forager

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE