Indian Food -OT

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Apologies in advance cos it's not at all bushy

Ok, so I tried something new from the local Indian the other day.

A Channa poori.

Fantastic stuff. A slightly sweet(and sourish?) sauce with a slightly course texture serves in a paratha flat bread.
Man, those chickpeas are totally moreish.
So the non Bushcraft question is:eek:. Has anyone tried this, and more importantly... Does anyone have a recipe?

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
LOL
Tried the google thing,got similar results.
I Have read through stacks of the recipes (but none to date sound quite right).
If anything, I suppose it reminds me a bit of a patia sauce, only courser.

I suppose I might have just answered my own question:rolleyes::D

I feel another google session approaching:rolleyes:

However any suggestions welcome.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I spent a month in Sri Lanka working once. Do you know what the different curries where? Chicken, fish, beef. Same curry, different protein. You went to the local cafe and asked for curry and rice. Oh and the Mickey Ds served McCurry and rice for 50p.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Perhaps searching for Channa or chana Masala might be productive since Poori is a type of bread, sometimes spelled puri. I found one channa masala recipe which used some dried dates which gave it a dark/sweetish taste and I added some tamarind for the sourness. I think I got that recipe from the New York Times of all places.
I love to add potatoes as well....

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
My good fishing buddy, cooks all this type of stuff over a fire and flat breads to eat it in as well, all be it we are at the fishing when he teaches me how to do it, you cant whack that for being bushy!!! curry a fire and a mini keg wedged into a tree trunk, living the dream :-D take home your empties please!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE