In the woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Enjoyed a superb day out with with Hugo & Rockmonkey today, with lots of laughs, mickey taking and banter being enjoyed throughout the entire day.

Not many pics taken as we were having far too much bushcrafty fun in the autumnal sunshine im afraid.

The north side of the South Downs, glorious in the sunshine

DSCN4118.jpg

Almost obligatory shadow shot it would seem at this time of year :)

DSCN4120.jpg

Lovely autumn colours

DSCN4122.jpg

Hugo on the way to the top

DSCN4124.jpg

Still on the way to the top

DSCN4125.jpg

Got to one of our favourite spots and practiced a few skills, carving and the like, made some bullroarers, which worked a treat, we also drank lots of tea and enjoyed some superb buttered currant buns that are supplied by Mrs Hugo ( Thanks Mrs Hugo).

At about 1pm we upped sticks and moved to another area we frequent where we are also allowed to have a small fire, so we did, we then settled down and did a bit more tea drinking and carved some spoon blanks out,

DSCN4130.jpg

before finally heading out of the woods and back to the cars just before darkness fell.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks for the good company Mark, it was a grand day had by all.
Ta Dave, a lift up the hill would have been nice as I was a bit puffed being the oldest.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Cracking day, perfect weather, great company, superb banter as always, already looking forward to next weeks bonnie and bacon rolls!
Thanks for posting some great pictures!

RM

Last edited:

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
That looks like a great day out, I do always love being up on the downs. And some great shots there too, nice one!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE