I'm now one of you lot!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
As of Wednesday last week I’m now officially an Assistant Scout leader with an ESU group near me. It's all a bit of an eye opener at the moment since I was an Army Cadet never a scout as a kid and before joining the Scouts I was an Adult instructor with the Air Cadets so the lack of discipline with kids not listening all the time and not calling you Sir was a little odd to get used to but I can see that the kids seem to enjoy it more with it all being slightly less formal all the time. Hoping to get taught more bushcraft type stuff which I can then pass onto the kids but otherwise I’ll be happy teaching them shooting, archery and climbing once I get into it a bit more.

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Nice one Grendel!

It's always nice to hear of people joining the movement as helpers and Leaders. It's very rewarding, and the section you are now a leader with is great fun. I am the Explorer Scout Leader for my old unit (although it was venture when I was in it). They are at an age where the banter can be good fun, and most of those who are still in the movement at the Explorer age are generally there because they want to be, which makes it all the easier to run.

Rob

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
Welcome to Scouts.

I am sure you will enjoy it I started when my lad was 6 and he's now 23.

Scouting ought to have a warning that this hobby is addictive. My main role is Cub Leader but I help with Scouts and Explorers - they are all great ages to work with.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE