I'm gutted - I've just broken my firesteel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I'm really gutted, I've just dropped and broken my firsteel:(. It's not like it's an old one that I was attached too, got it when Attleborough were running their business down late last year, but I had made a handle out of oak and was enjoying using it over the last few weekends with my kids lighting fires in the garden. I'm really annoyed with myself - just venting off before I have to go out and buy another one.
Gibbo.

Didn't even see the other post in this section about broken firesteels - blind fury perhaps?? Anyway looking at that thread I saw that Woodlore site does free delivery under £10 so I just ordered one. Feeling a bit less annoyed so can now go and play with my pocket rocket stove that arrived today.
Gibbo.

How'd u break it mine is tough as nails?

Just dropped it on the floor, that's all. I was indoors and the surface was lino but below is solid concrete. I guess it just landed wrong and caught a weak spot? I'm still gutted but I did manage to heat what's left of the steel in the handle up enough to soften the epoxy so I could pull the steel out and hopefully when my Woodlore replacement turns up it will fit straight in!

Did I say I'm still gutted?
Gibbo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE