If.... Scotland

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Musing away my evening watching the rain fall in the grass from my patio doors, I've gotten to thinking about planning another trip to Scotland. I'm planning a 2.5 day, 2 night bushcraft type trip next.

But then I get to thinking..... where would I go that's likey I'll not encounter anyone? I'm thinking West Coast Highlands (I quite fancy the shore fishing), but I'll want some woodland to hunker down in as well. I was thinking Ardnamurchan, but it's quite small, and I'll not be far from someone's home, and I don't want to disturb folks.

Does anyone have an idea of somewhere? Just a thought...

Sent from my SM-A546B using Tapatalk

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Musing away my evening watching the rain fall in the grass from my patio doors, I've gotten to thinking about planning another trip to Scotland. I'm planning a 2.5 day, 2 night bushcraft type trip next.

But then I get to thinking..... where would I go that's likey I'll not encounter anyone? I'm thinking West Coast Highlands (I quite fancy the shore fishing), but I'll want some woodland to hunker down in as well. I was thinking Ardnamurchan, but it's quite small, and I'll not be far from someone's home, and I don't want to disturb folks.

Does anyone have an idea of somewhere? Just a thought...

orkneys and/or outer hebrides. amazing scenery and megalithic monuments, get the ferry from sky or scrabster near john o groats. x

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
With respect, you can't sensibly go to either the Outer Hebrides or Orkneys for 2.5 days!

I love the Ardnamurchan - so wild, very few people, but choose your spot. I'll not publish places on an open forum; I'll PM you @Van-Wild on condition you don't make them public.

Ah, just had a thought, are you in the van, walking, car camping?

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
With respect, you can't sensibly go to either the Outer Hebrides or Orkneys for 2.5 days!

I love the Ardnamurchan - so wild, very few people, but choose your spot. I'll not publish places on an open forum; I'll PM you @Van-Wild on condition you don't make them public.

Ah, just had a thought, are you in the van, walking, car camping?
I'll be driving up, then on foot. Thanks Broch. Of course, you have my word.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE