IDs please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could ID these shrooms I photographed today at a pine plantation. I didn't want to disturb them so I took as good photos as I could with them in the ground.

So there's this:

IMGP1499.jpg

IMGP1501.jpg

IMGP1502.jpg

IMGP1503.jpg

And then there's this:

IMGP1519.jpg

IMGP1520.jpg

IMGP1521.jpg

Thanks guys.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Growing in grass?

Does look like it... :)
I know it looks wrong to me too, thats why I am not sure. I am bit unsure of the size from the photo, the gills dont have a coloured edge.
Mycena can be little minks for growing on really tiddy bits of substrate, but wrong substate is a wrong ID. Hydropus conicus grows on pines needle but is unrecorded for the uk, so it is probably something dirt common that grows on grass.

Geoff Dann

Native
Sep 15, 2010
Sussex
www.geoffdann.co.uk
I know it looks wrong to me too, thats why I am not sure. I am bit unsure of the size from the photo, the gills dont have a coloured edge.
Mycena can be little minks for growing on really tiddy bits of substrate, but wrong substate is a wrong ID. Hydropus conicus grows on pines needle but is unrecorded for the uk, so it is probably something dirt common that grows on grass.

I don't think it is dirt common. I was considering Galerina, maybe clavata or something similar...

Geoff Dann

Native
Sep 15, 2010
Sussex
www.geoffdann.co.uk
anti tumour properties to boot.

Not to mention the lethal amatoxins. This one is as dangerous as Galerina marginata, and I can imagine somebody thinking it was a tawny grisette.

It is a weird year for mushrooms. Not a lot of very common edilble mushrooms , but alot of small wierd ones I have never come across before. The learning curve never ends.

Yes. All sorts of normal things missing, some of them completely (bay boletes round my way), but things turning up that I've never found before - including Pseudocraterellus sinuosus and Agrocybe cylindracea, both of which are delicious. :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE