Icelandic Nescafe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
Don't know about everyone else, but when your out and about but its nice to have a coffee or tea on the trail. Carrying all the extras like sugar and milk can be a bind, especially if you need to go in a hurry, or carry other stuff.

The tea kits from the MOD ration packs are OK, but I noticed in Iceland they are selling these Nescafe, 3 in 1 coffee, milk and sugar, 10 servings for £1.

Whilst not the same as filter coffee, its a good quick drinkable substitute.

3 in 1.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've been using these for a while now, like you say it's just so easy to grab a couple for a bimble out.

Kenco also do some similar ones, but they taste like the awful coffee machines at work so I tend to stick to the Nescafe.

Aldi do were doing some Lattes a while ago which weren't bad. Made a mess of your cup though.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Nice find, as already stated great for bimble and as a back up. I just prefer filter coffee when out and about. Luckily I take it black.:lmao:

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
what, like a loud bang?:lmao:

They do Cappuccino and latte sachets the same in morrisons but not as cheap as the normal coffee.

Is one sachet enough for a crusader mug full of would you need two?

Maybe at a push you could get to the second mark of 500ml for a weak coffee.

Thought I had seen the Cappuccino available as well, but at 10p per cup for 'normal' coffee..

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
I've been using these sachets for donkeys, I rate them pretty highly. I can get them cheap at Jack Fultons sometimes. They also sell nutty 3 in 1 (Fultons, not nescafe). I've bought Nescafe 2 in 1 assuming it would be just white coffee... WRONG! 2 in 1 is black coffee with sugar added. My brew kit is a mix of 3 in 1, nutty 3 in 1 and latte sachets along with single serving baggies of hot choc and instant white tea I've decanted from jars. All of it can be found at cheap shops if you hunt around.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
i use similar productsof hot cocolate but for coffee i use something else....
There is a coffee brand called Rocket Fuel (yes rocket fuel!!!!), it's a dark strong roast coffee with Guarana added to it.
It's the sort of stuff you get in high energy drinks!!!!

So what i usualy do add the dried rocket fuel to coffe mate (the powdered milk subsitute) on a 1/1 spoon measure. put just enough in a sealed container and bag and i am ready to go.

The rocket fuel certainly gets me up the hill a bit quicker lol

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
You might like to give this a try. It is called "Russian Tea" for reasons totally unknown to me.

I love it, and it is very tasty and invigorating.

2 cups of orange Tang (Tang is a powdered breakfast drink, don't know if its available in the U.K)
1/2 cup sugar
1 envelope unsweetened lemonade mix (2 qt. size)
1/2 cup instant tea
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon clove
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

You will note that all of these ingredients are DRY. Mix them thoroughly. Store in a good airtight container. It will tend to draw moisture. It is a good idea to get the mug that you intend to brew it up in and experiment with the amount that seems right to you.

Ummmm, good!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE