Ice Fishing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Do any of you go ice fishing? I know that there is not a lot of opportunity in the UK but I suspect that some of you have given it a go! If so where have you done it?

Wendi

Jun 2, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Yep, I have gone ice fishing quite a few times. Great time to fish...just put some lines out on the lake then sit on shore by a fire with some hot tea and wait for the fish to bite. No mossies to worry about either!

Of course, my fishing was done in Ontario so I won't be able to give you any suggestions on where you could go.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
You mean there's another way to fish besides ice fishing? :yikes:

Oh yeah, that's right. :-D This time of year I tend to forget.

The main thing to remember is to cut your hole big enough in case you hook one of these. :wink:

tak_1.jpg

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
This is a great way to get perch amoungst other things.

It's best to fish several holes at once. Fish at different depths , although in most cases the fish will be in the uper layes cosit's warmer. Stationary baits work well, worms and the like.

The idea is that you fish active in one of the holes, by using the jigging lure method. This often works with bait and a red coloured spoon just above. As for equipment. Wjat was shown in the picce was advanced. You should see what we buy here. Ice fishing is relatively big in certain area of Norway,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE