I say. Jolly well get orf one’s land!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Hah! In the 1980s I was £3,000 short of an acre. Now I'm about £20,000 short of an acre. ... all I can do is dream.

Jan 13, 2019
Gallifrey
Hah! In the 1980s I was £3,000 short of an acre. Now I'm about £20,000 short of an acre. ... all I can do is dream.

Or crowdfund it as a long-term project of some sort?

I’m assisting someone who wants to buy an insignificant piece of land, in order to transform (deep breath) it into a butterfly’s idea of paradise.
He’s elderly and isn’t used to modern ways of asking for help from organisations.

Ask.

“In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees”

Reactions: mikehill and Janne

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Derelict land, without (today) possibility for planning for a house can still be found relatively ’cheaply’.

I did that, between the villages of Mayfield and Five Ashes in E. Sussex.
If you know the area you know the horrendous prices of land and houses.

As it was covered in bramble, that plant horses die from and very wet, I got it for a song.
Took a lot of work to get right. It was fun, almost as fun as restoring an old barn find vehicle.

In the near future I think that prices of such land may go down in UK..

Could it be worth to check with the surrounding councils if they have something for sale, or whatever departement of the state?

Bank loan, loan from parents, working overtime, cutting out alcohol, stopping going out, all are feasible ways to get money.
Crowdfunding maybe too if you do not mind the principle.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl of Sussex

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
The last one sounds particularly lovely BUT if fifty thousand is out of my reach... these are way past it! I'd have to be able to live on the property full time and I no longer have the ability to do the work needed or the money to make it habitable.. such a shame realy but I'll keep an eye out for that sugar daddy, meanwhile I'll keep saving a fiver a week.:D. You never know land prices might crash one day if I'm lucky.:laugh:. Dream on old girl.!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I’m looking now for more land in Florida. So far it seems the going rate here is around $3000 to $4500 (£2277 to £2400) That’s doable for the size I’m looking for (about 40 tp 50 acres) but doesn’t leave much budget to build the two houses on it that I also need (one for me and the other larger one for my daughter and her family) Building cost here averages around $100 (£76) per square foot.

I do have my eye on one plot of 59 acres surrounded by a State Forest. It has enough timber to harvest to pay for the houses. Alternatively I might harvest timber from my land in Mississippi and build There or here. It’s been over 30 years since the last harvest there and it’s 15 to 20 years overdue. The trouble with that is that nowadays most of the last logging companies want to clear cut and I want to set a limit of an 18 inch minimum diameter stump (the same as the last 4 times it was harvested over the last 60 years.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE