I received a warning!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Well I'll put my hand up and say I've reported this thread. It's going nowhere and I can see someone soon saying something they'll regret in the morning. It's up to the mods if they decide to close it.

I do think you have to see the funny side if an inappropriate thread is posted and there are no mods about to delete it. I mod on another forum, so I know how it works (we don't have the report function on the forum I mod on). I noticed Greg was rather upset about the pron this morning and the lack of moderator deletion. I hope you saw my reply before the thread was deleted that said that mods have lives too, and they can't be online all the time. Spam comes in spates - sometimes there's very little and sometimes it's relentless. I'm sure the mods and admin team don't condone pron. They'll delete it when they can get online to see it.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Not being funny mate but when do you stop shielding them,i confiscated our youngest's phone,and the stuff on that gobsmacked me,grounded him for a fortnight,theres always someone at school who will give them all the info they need.so best to tell them whats what at an early age perhaps,i don't know just, glad iv'e not got any young ones now and are in your situation with todays technology

With my kid I'll make that decision! I, like you, swear like a trooper all the time except when there are kids of any age around. If you as a parent think its fine then thats your right, but its also my right not to let this sort of language into my son's life at this moment in time!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well I'll put my hand up and say I've reported this thread. It's going nowhere and I can see someone soon saying something they'll regret in the morning. It's up to the mods if they decide to close it.

I do think you have to see the funny side if an inappropriate thread is posted and there are no mods about to delete it. I mod on another forum, so I know how it works (we don't have the report function on the forum I mod on). I noticed Greg was rather upset about the pron this morning and the lack of moderator deletion. I hope you saw my reply before the thread was deleted that said that mods have lives too, and they can't be online all the time. Spam comes in spates - sometimes there's very little and sometimes it's relentless. I'm sure the mods and admin team don't condone pron. They'll delete it when they can get online to see it.

We all understand this Scanker but what we are talking about here is someone openly swearing on a family orientated forum when there is absolutely no need for it!

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
With my kid I'll make that decision! I, like you, swear like a trooper all the time except when there are kids of any age around. If you as a parent think its fine then thats your right, but its also my right not to let this sort of language into my son's life at this moment in time!

Not got a problem with that,but he's a clever lad if he can read forums at 6.

Bernie

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
We all understand this Scanker but what we are talking about here is someone openly swearing on a family orientated forum when there is absolutely no need for it!

Fair enough. I've already said I won't swear on here and I agree with the mods enforcing the rules. I didn't see the original post that lead to all this, but have pulled someone up in the past for swearing (along the lines of you might want to edit your post before the mods do).

As I said, you adapt to your surroundings. There's a forum I go on where anything goes, and on occasion, I wish this was the same - just so you could say exactly what you think! Doesn't last long though - I like this place as it is. :D

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Fair enough. I've already said I won't swear on here and I agree with the mods enforcing the rules. I didn't see the original post that lead to all this, but have pulled someone up in the past for swearing (along the lines of you might want to edit your post before the mods do).

As I said, you adapt to your surroundings. There's a forum I go on where anything goes, and on occasion, I wish this was the same - just so you could say exactly what you think! Doesn't last long though - I like this place as it is. :D

Well said mate.

Bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE