I have a Muntjac

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
But, should I keep it?

And would the beast approve of me attempting to tame the garden?

(Next door are cranky but their garden is now slabs and gravel. Green things are not permitted in their garden)

Reactions: Allison McKenzie

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
But, should I keep it?

And would the beast approve of me attempting to tame the garden?

(Next door are cranky but their garden is now slabs and gravel. Green things are not permitted in their garden)

Does the Muntjac agree with your belief you have it?

If not , its kind of a Moot point.

PS - Haven't you tamed that garden yet?

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I thought Muntjac tastes more of a cross between venison and lamb. Very tasty and it's a shame there's none around here.

Unless you have many acres of land I assume your Munty is a visitor? Probably lured in by lush brambles and other assorted munchables,

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
I don't know but you should definitely get some pics of it and update this thread :)

sounds an awesome beastie to have in your garden. I would love to properly see a munty, it's all Roe around here. Not that I'm whinging about seeing Roe mind. We only get hogs and foxes in the garden.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
I have some pics of a Muntjac, but I was, errr...... in the process of it’s disassembly at the time :). Plenty of them in Epping Forest evidently.......

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I have some pics of a Muntjac, but I was, errr...... in the process of it’s disassembly at the time :). Plenty of them in Epping Forest evidently.......

How did you obtain one if I may ask?

Always interested in finding new Sources ( and sauces... )

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
How did you obtain one if I may ask?

Always interested in finding new Sources ( and sauces... )
I went on an organised venison butchery day, run by the City of London council while we still lived in Surrey. They control the burgeoning numbers of Muntjac in Epping Forest, and their forestry team used to do the course for a modest price.

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE