I can't stand Deadpool

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Am I the only one? People look at me like I just shat in their coffee when I reveal this radical opinion.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Deadpool per se or the general Ryan Reynolds typical smart mouthed character?

Not sure if there is a definite difference but what exactly about Deadpool the character offends thee?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
@Kadushu ,
I am with you. I find Ryan Reynolds bordering on unbearable. There have been a few movies with him that I have watched and enjoyed, but with Deadpool, particularly 2 and 3 that annoying smart a55 motor mouth thing is dialled up to eleven!

Not a fan of the scatalogical and gore splatter humour.

I will admit though that I approve of the jibes at Disney, Marvel and DC. Deadpool criticism of superhero landings, then having a young version of Ryan be proud of a superhero landing in Netflix Project Adam was very funny.

Have never liked the world of the x-men all that much.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I watched the latest Deadpool the other day, Reynolds and Jackman made a great comedic pairing.
But as said above, to each their own.
On the other hand, I can't see what's funny about Peter Kaye, go figure.

Last edited:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I don't have a TV, so no idea what this thread is about. It sounds like a fantasy world. ...I prefer fai and legend as my fantasy world. Its more realistic. :)

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Haven't seen the latest one, but the first two were ok. Superhero movie that doesn't take itself seriously.

If really want to endure an abomination, see Rings of Power. Jeff Bezos spent $1 billion dollars as a vanity project, based on the Tokien's Second Age in the Lord of the Rings and I think they have made the remarkable achievement of making the most expensive TV show ever and making the worst TV show.

Chris

Life Member
Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Haven't seen the latest one, but the first two were ok. Superhero movie that doesn't take itself seriously.

If really want to endure an abomination, see Rings of Power. Jeff Bezos spent $1 billion dollars as a vanity project, based on the Tokien's Second Age in the Lord of the Rings and I think they have made the remarkable achievement of making the most expensive TV show ever and making the worst TV show.

That was some of the worst television I've ever seen. Not just LOTR-based television, but television in general.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com

Agreed. I’ve given up. Just felt like a chore!

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
It is supposed to have a 5 season run.
Final episode of season 2 is next week. They should give up making it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE