I can't read russian but pictures speak a thousand words (mushrooms, many mushrooms)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
:yikes: Ruddy hell... that is some serious mushrooming there.

I wonder what they do with it all, is it commercial or do the preserve it all for personal use or what?

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK

I wonder what they do with it all, is it commercial or do the preserve it all for personal use or what?

See, I wondered that also.

I'd hate to think people collect as much as they can and never eat it...

However, I get the impression in many other european countries they will certainly use it all.

I suspect they'd dry them if they are for personal consumption.

My girlfriends dad's friend(!!) is italian and collects many mushrooms and dries them.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland

Almost certainly preserved or traded for something someone else has, out with the cities that is often the way around these parts.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Well boys and girls, if you have Google Chrome browser installed (as well as other browsers) it will translate the site for you :)

Some interesting comments to read there :)

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Impressive shrooms indeed, but to be honest I'm more impressed with th3 pine nuts in pic #14 & #15.

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Wow they are some seriously impressive mushroom crops! I've also never seen so many wild strawberries either, making me hungry just looking at it

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
I was out with my dogs th other day and came across a couple picking mushrooms. I went and asked them how they cooked them. They told me what they did, in very broken english. I then started looking for them myself and came across hundreds of penny buns, i hadn't noticed before.

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
A few years back I found a patch of shaggy parasol mushrooms so profuse that I am still using them in sauces and gravy's to this day. If I find a lot I always stick them in the dehydrator then store them in an air tight container, they will keep for years like this. I personally love foraging for mushrooms and not just the edible ones, photographing the poisonous ones rather than picking them.

IMG_3248.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3336.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

Don't eat this one - but it is really beautiful

IMG_0381.jpg

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
Nice, I'm waiting to find some more jews ears after peering down at a soup I had one day in a chinese noodle bar and recognising them - well, cloud ears, their equivalent.

and Parasols, one thing I want to know is just HOW do you distinguish between
Parasol - Macrolepiota procera
Shaggy Parasol - Chlorophyllum rhacodes

I think(!) -
the centre dimple is prevalent on the parasol and the shaggy parasols stain pink when cut (but are still edible)
also the parasol has a scaly stem and the shaggy parasol does not.

Also, there are these, but I don't believe we get these in the UK - but these ones are poisonous and produce a green spore print

Chlorophyllum molybdites

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE