I Blame Ray Mears - narrowly escaped widow maker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I would have thought that my earlier post, moving this to Fair Game, and reminding you about language, would have been enough of a hint. This whole slew of posts with Wander is in part due to your choice of words, and using asterisks to disguise swearing.:tapedshut:banghead:

Please refresh your memory about forum rules. No swearing, no foul language, even in jest, and fudging the spelling or blanking out letters makes no difference! Also, refrain from insulting other members. I think "right wing misogynist" and "moron" both fall into that category. :rolleyes:

As a result, I have had to waste time going through and editing posts. It was either that, or simply delete half the thread to this point. If anyone thinks that this present arrangement paint them in an unfair light, I can come back and simply remove everything not related to falling trees.

As for the whole misogynist thing... Well, I could tell that you thought you were joking, but I could also read an underlying edge into your initial remark regarding looks, depth and men with beards. No idea whether it was really there, or just open to the interpretation. Clearly Wander thought it was there. It would have been so much better though had he simply reported the posts, as he did, and NOT replied on the thread, that would have been clean and tidy, instead wading himself.

I can't say that another mod won't be along and just wipe half the thread anyway.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oh - please do not wipe the thread ... it is the funniest one in a long time, plus it has good advice re cancer, deadfall timber etc
I am loving this thread - but yeah, the language should be a little more restrained...

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
This was why I apologised this morning, my reaction was no better than the original insults, could have been dealt with way more amicably rather than throwing insults back and winding things up further, my apology was sincere, do what you chose with the thread

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I genuinely at first thought he was just being a troll, he clearly hadn't read the thread which was obvious to everyone and he took a single out of context post and turned it into an argument wading in with insults, nothing else, no constructive criticism just insults, were we all just meant to respond with courtesy and respect to this person? Really?

I could take a million things posted on this website out of context and twist them into something they are not

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
An argument for arguments sake is very easy to cause if that is your only purpose in posting

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
3000+ posts never once had an argument with anyone on the website, never once anyone had any qualms about anything i have ever posted

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I would be sorry to see any posts swept away. I agree there is good info here.
I reckon its a storm in a teacup and from here the less said the soonest mended. So...no need to keep mentioning it....

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I would be sorry to see any posts swept away. I agree there is good info here.
I reckon its a storm in a teacup and from here the less said the soonest mended.

PS...its trolling, not "being a troll" ;) :lmao:

I always figured if you were trolling it made the person a troll, take a look back through the persons previous posts on this forum, most are pitched in an offensive i am telling you how it is manner, whether that be correcting Wayland about how to take and process photographs and what it means to be a viking to correcting people on what they really meant in what they posted, you don't believe me just go and look, anytime i think someone is posting to troll i always check to see if there is a pattern to it in their previous interractions, usually there is, this time there was

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
’Wimmen’ have entered my vocabulary. Thank you,GGT!

Many Jamaicans pronounce ‘woman’ as ‘wo man’, two words. Also some do not use ‘her’ but ‘him’ when speaking about a woman.

Trust me, it was confusing at first!

And I had to check what misogyny meant. Please refrain from using overly complex English, be kind to us foreigners!

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Trolling is towing a lure or bait behind the boat, usually by rowing but powered boats too, in the hope of catching 'that one stupid fish'. If you read the Internet use of it into that, the troll is the method, not the person, they would be a troller.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

Thank heavens that you didn't call anyone 'pet' GGTBod :lmao:

Perhaps there are just too many people around these days waiting to be offended?

'SJW' has just entered my vocab - love it.

BTW - I thought that it was 'wimmin' (from Viz) as opposed to 'wimmen'?

As the French say 'vive la difference'

As I have suggested previously -we need a 'tongue in cheek' smiley to avert threads that end up like this.

PS My better half (a wimmin) has shoulder-surfed, vetted and approved this post.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Thank you very much Jaeger, it is easy for anyone to bait an argument if that is their only goal in posting, normally i don't bite so easy.

You are right this person better not visit Geordieland as everyone calls each other 'pet' and 'love' and even 'hinnie' and of course we all only do this to belittle the opposite sex and make ourselves feel manly

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
PS My better half (a wimmin) has shoulder-surfed, vetted and approved this post.

I hope she has vouched for all wo men out there and you are absolved of any offence, like when you're black friends let you sing the N word when Dr Dre is on kinda thing

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I hope she has vouched for all wo men out there and you are absolved of any offence, like when you're black friends let you sing the N word when Dr Dre is on kinda thing

Do that singin’ and you might end up before the Law.....

Did not two nubile ‘wimmin’ get in trouble a month or so ago?

I personally would end up in trouble even if I sang a Hymn....
Last time I sang and me Wo man was standin’ beside me, him put an elbow in me side.

I rather sleep in a forest full of ring barked leafless Birch a windy night!

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
yeah mate i'd be arrested just for the singing not the lyrical content

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE