I am thinking of a mustard tasting plant please help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi all,

There was a plant i was shown moons ago that tasted hot like a mustard. The leaf had a distinctive 3 lobed almost birds foot looking with yellow flowers. I cant find any pictures and there isnt any near me to get a more positive ID to then look into it further.
Has anyone got a clue what i am rambling on about?

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Have a look at wall mustard... Or if it was really hot, the buttercup family?

Not wall mustard by the looks of it. It grew at the edges of fields and woodlands. Damn this memory! The leaves were the most distinctive being three pointed. It was bitter hot.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I'd probably have a look into buttercup then... There are a few in the family with very pointed bird feet shaped leaves, yellow flowers and 'spicy' :)

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Jack by the hedge as i know it has a basal leaf. I do like the flowers though nice punch.
Will have to have a gander in the buttercup as The dude says. :)

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Very close but the flowers are not the same. Will keep trekking though the butter cups. I do know of one place where it grows but i wont be back there for a few weeks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE