I acquired this cotton canvas material... what's it good for?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
A long time ago...

However, to be honest I rushed into buying the stuff because it was on sale, I liked the colour and I thought maybe I could make a tarp come bed roll out of it.

Anyway, I have done nothing with it but I hope to make use of it so I would love to find out:

It's eligibility for bed roll material
It's eligibility as a tarp
I'd plan to cover it in greenland wax so if it got wet it'd be somewhat resistant to the water

IF, it's a fairly silly material to use for a bed roll, I'd sooner not use it and keep my eye out for an old trailor tarp or something that I can use instead!
However, I'd not want to waste it so it'd be nice to knot what it maybe IS good for?

Thanks

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bags, gaiters, 'might' do for a bedroll base, though tbh, I think I'd use sommat else if I could. It would probably make a pretty bomb proof jacket though.

cheers,
Toddy

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
Bags, gaiters, 'might' do for a bedroll base, though tbh, I think I'd use sommat else if I could. It would probably make a pretty bomb proof jacket though.

cheers,
Toddy

Cheers Toddy.

Still keen on the idea of a bed roll, except I like to do things right so not with this material... I'll keep it as side for now until I find a suitable task... even if it's some handy totes to keep in the car, keep around the house, do the shopping with instead of fueling the demand for more ghastly plastic bags!

I'm keen on accomplishing something like this in the future (Except I think I'll need a better sewing machine first!)
http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?21368-Canvas-bedroll

It's already stated there that I'd be looking for '15oz water and rot resistant canvas'.

I really struggle though, just where do you find these materials?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE