Hyperlink system broken?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
For the last 3 days i have been having a misery with the hyperlink bar menu, i can't add anything to my posts from it like smilies or pictures etc without it crashing my message box and greying out all my buttons leaving me no choice but to close the whole window from my windows task bar and reload loosing the message i had written before trying to add an image or a link.

Is this just me? it is driving me crackers

if it helps i am on the latest version of chrome on win 7

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
All good on my end,

Try clearing your cache? Normally works if I have any issues on Chrome (win7 here too).

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
bagns head off wall in frustration due to responding and trying to add an emoticon and having to do it all again, wonder if my cookies are causing a prob, hmmmm, looks like we were having the same thought on a solution there

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
sadly cache clearing did not change anything, will puzzle on this later it's too hot to be internet stressed

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I believe it is definitely just my pc or web browser causing the probs as it is affecting certain areas of internetting related to the CSS build of sites, when a box should appear above the normal window i am getting a variety of issues, currently just manually writing my hyperlinks oldschool style, i'd used the tags for so long on forums i'd forgot how we used to have to do it :) I noticed yesterday that i can not leave feedback on ebay in the star rating system, it shows me the stars i want to click on light yellow but then it does not respond to my clicking on them, next time i am stuck in the house i'll get stuck into solving it properly,

cheers for checking it out

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Make sure java/adobe etc are upto date. Run CCleaner on both data and registry and also check all your browser addons see if any of those are conflicting by disabling them all and then re-enabling them all see if issue remains, if not re-enabling them one by one until you find issue.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
You sound like you used to work in the same field as me, thanks for the input, my tech skills are a bit rusty these days but it is more that i care less about the computer than i used to and do not give it the occasional attention it needs until it stops working how it should. I use CCleaner regularly but i reckon my java and adobe might need a bit of attention

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for the advice everyone, turned out it was a google chrome issue, reinstalled the browser and all is well again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE