Husqvarna axes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
They're made by Hultafors still I believe.

A member here, Cegga, is one of their smiths.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I'm not too sure who makes them these days but for the money they are a lot better than some of the B&Q axes.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Whilst I was in the local chainsaw and tool hire shop yesterday I spotted the Oregon axes. That isn't a link to the shop I was in, but just a link to the Oregon UK shop, no connection blah blah blah.
Well priced, some with ash handles and others with Hickory. I have a maul that's as far as I can tell identical to their wooden handled log splitting maul and although it wasn't hand crafted by Gandalphs dad from dragons breast armour over the fires of Mordor it splits wood like a champ.
Hell, one of my brothers has even used the hammer side of it to demolish a brick wall.

The hatchets look quite acceptable to me.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Cheers for the Link demographic they look ok too

I was just in the chainsaw shop again today (picking up the SDS drill I ordered the other day) and picked them up, they also look identical to the Stihl brand axes which incidentally look like OX Head Brand of axe made in Germany. Nice shape of head on them although you'd give yourself a nasty bruise with em. Could do with a sharpen but that's not hard to do.

All three of those "brands" look to me to be the same maker which I assume is the OX Head Brand.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE