Hunting in the UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
I had heard £300 to £350 per deer on quota was the FC target zone.

The FC up my way conduct all the keeping pest control in house. They maintain a larder locally and sell to the public direct from the door. Prices are so low I doubt if they clear £60 or £70 per beast, depending on weight.

Despite knowing the guys I don't buy from them preferring a beast from the hill proper (rather than a forest stowaway thats snuck in under the wire), and selected for good condition. I pay a little more because the sort of quality I'm after isn't guaranteed at the forestry larder where as my pal will call when he has something that fits the bill for me.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
The FC up my way conduct all the keeping pest control in house. They maintain a larder locally and sell to the public direct from the door. Prices are so low I doubt if they clear £60 or £70 per beast, depending on weight.

Despite knowing the guys I don't buy from them preferring a beast from the hill proper (rather than a forest stowaway thats snuck in under the wire), and selected for good condition. I pay a little more because the sort of quality I'm after isn't guaranteed at the forestry larder where as my pal will call when he has something that fits the bill for me.

Sorry that's not the sale price per beast it was the suggested measure to value the leases per cull animal on the quota.

Wayne says I am out on that but he is the only authority I "know" in the matter. All other bidders having been unsuccessful.

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
from my experience it tends to work out £100 per beast for a tender but depending which animals are on the ground then prices will go up. and certain grounds people want so again if someone has alot of money and want something then they will bid high,this only works for so long though as if you dont hit the cull figures fc go in and cull the next year you will be off the ground.
also there is only 4000 holding a level 2 cert and the more you have to do the less people will want the ground ,which the more i read and see some people love the idea of stalking but it is hard work one of my grounds is a 7-8 hour drive usually through the night so i can be out first light stalk then set up camp and back out long drags not much sleep for a long weekend or a week away depending, most soon get fed up and pack in or find easy ground to sit inside a vehicle along a nice ride waiting for them to walk past but thats not for me i like to get close and get lost away from it all
here is a clip from my phone with indy on here first reds, atb wayne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL4rk4k7gJw

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Sorry that's not the sale price per beast it was the suggested measure to value the leases per cull animal on the quota.

Wayne says I am out on that but he is the only authority I "know" in the matter. All other bidders having been unsuccessful.

It's been over 20 years since I lived in Texas but back then the hunting leases on private land (in central Texas) was going for $100 per hunter per day. Publicly owned land (State or National Forests) were either free with your state issued hunting license or a minimal fee (around $15 or so) for a one year permit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE