Hunting and trapping in Canada's north ***GRAPHIC CONTENT***

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Last edited:
Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Hey bb, the guy is up near Hay River which I guess isn't all that far from you. I posted a link to his videos a while back...I used to run a trapline myself
for a few winters so I was interested to see the similarities and differences between our two areas. One big difference is the number of predators he
gets; seems his bread and butter is lynx, wolf, marten etc. Down here it's more under-ice beavers and muskrat with some otter and mink on the side..
and coons when the prices are good enough. He's got a big territory; I used to cover mine on snowshoes..he needs a snow machine for sure.
He uses a trap-setting tool for the 330's which is pretty smart; they can be hairy to set freehand.:(

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Thanks for that, some good tips in there, wonder how he gets online out there, he must have a decent internet connection too upload those videos.

Also, his snares seem to kill all of the animals, i wonder if that is because it is so cold or if he using a strangle type snare. Hmm, i'll watch on...

The snares have locking cams on them that only allow them to cinch, but not to back off.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE