Hunters axe handle?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 11, 2020
Wirral
s-l1600.jpg

Finding it hard to get a quality handle or Hickory wood to replace my 19" Sandvik Handle.

Gransfors Bruks Handles have the eye pre-shaped/cut. My eye is larger.

Any Ideas?

Damien

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
There was a thread talking about sourcing axe handles a couple of weeks ago if IRC. However, you can get decent hickory (or sometimes ash) axe handles in most farmers' supply shops. If you search for the nearest supplier of Faithfull Tools on their website you should find one within striking distance.

Oct 11, 2020
Wirral
Wrong shape for this type of axe.

Found a smedberg handles, but only sold in2 places. It will have to wait until I can go into the shop to get the best grain.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Your axe is fitted with a curved fawn-foot; the Faithfull axes handles are curved fawn-foot ranging from 12" to 36" in length and a wide variety of eye sizes. There's no such thing as 'the wrong shape' - it's a matter pf preference for the job being done (unless it's a double-bit of course).

You can also treat the handle as a canvass and modify it to suit your own preference.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE