hunter handlines/hobo fishing kits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire

hunter handline closeup by fishfish_01, on Flickr

hunter handline/hobo fishing kit by fishfish_01, on Flickr

hunter handline/hobo fishing kit by fishfish_01, on Flickr

yep,just like it says on the tin,available to members for just £10.00 each plus £5.00 recorded P&P,made from sapele (mahogany) includes line,spare hooks ,ready to use. the video is an old one and the company 'hunter catapults' is no longer trading:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-BT5...qJ6m-Q&index=3

also click on picture for another video:

just pm me here for more information or to order one today!

usual disclaimers apply.

Last edited:

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
I have just been asked by a member if these are legal to use well the reel isnt illegal to carry or own and can be used in sALT water with no restrictions,and if you use it on fresh water just drape the line over a walking stick or withy cut from a hedge,as that legally is a rod,the only definition in law of a fishing rod is the length which must be over 3 feet in length,of course you will need a rod lisence available online for very little and have the riverbanks owners permission to fish,allthough in a survival situation the mitigating circumstance of your plight would mean no legal issues .

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Ah that would have been me! Guys these things are awesome. Build quality is outstanding and the magnet set in the bottom is a genius way of keeping the spare hooks safe I've tried swinging mine hard at the ground and the hooks don't budge. I just wish I had had the chance to use it in anger to give a proper review. Good luck withstand sale buddy.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I have used one of these very hand reels during my Finland trip in 2011. Worked brilliantly and had my first taste of fresh water trout cooked over an open fire.
They cast out surprisingly well and reel in at a good rate.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I like the consept and am quite tempted to try one of the off a sea kayak, can I ask what action do you use to cast off and reel in, the pic seems to suggest the fingerstap is fixed to the reel? Is all the work done with the freehand?

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
to cast it just pull 2 feet off then holding by the leather tab point at where you wish to cast and then under arm cast the bait with the other hand,the line will come off the reel just like a fixed spool reel.reeling in is by hand also.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Whats the price of these please? feel free to PM me.

## ignore that - just found it!! ###

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Handreels....eyup Fish, tha well? Never received a reply to my request for two of these. Will you be making anymore? Cheers

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Handreels....eyup Fish, tha well? Never received a reply to my request for two of these. Will you be making anymore? Cheers

omg! i was sure i had sent you a pm! i have 2 here i can post in the morning,ille pm you.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
You did ....and I replied after that......maybe a ghost in the shell......happened before :( pm inbound :thumbup:

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
If the picture doesn't show? Its
this rune
zequbu5a.jpg

Cheers

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Hi Fish mate

finally got my house in order - if your still taking requests I'd gladly take one

happy to wait for the next run though

cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE