Hummingbird Moth ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
Sorry the pic is blurry , it wouldnt stay still and it was a bit windy, the buddlea was mobbed with them though

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/Tantalus/Wildlife/DSCF0125.jpg

DSCF0125.jpg

Tant

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hummingbird hawk moths are very hard to get a photo of, well done for trying. Best time is to wait until they are feeding, but you need to be quick. I would love to get a photo of one, but have only ever seen one before and camera was not around..........
I am off mothing tonight and if the rain holds off, it should be a good evening..........

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i had one of them at work last week so you have just answered a question i needed to know now i can tell the boss what it was :You_Rock_

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
They are canny things, some of them have set routines and feed at the same plant at the same time every day

But they do not settle to eat hence the blurry pic, and this one was going all over

you want to see the list of mis shots before i got that one too :lmao:

I thought it was unusual to see them this far north ?

i mean Galashiels, just a hop out of Eskdalemuir the weather station that regularly sets new standards for the worst weather in the country

Tant

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE