Hults Bruk - Hultafors Axes....are they any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
;)Good video. Wish I hadn't watched it though, I really don't need any more axes, but do fancy one now! Thanks mate!

Dave

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
Watched this last night, Good video i like it alot. Just a thought maybe you could add a link to where you can purchase these axes

BEARDMASTER

Dec 4, 2017
Estonia
www.nahakamber.ee
Good points on axes and knives!

I used dirt cheap mass production "no-good" store axe for years for my daily firewood. The handle was the worst I ever saw and broke after 2 months of use but the axe-head is a fantastic for the price. Not a real good splitter, but a fantastic as a hewing axe. I am going to put it in use for timber framing. Put on a proper handle and it is a great axe for just 30 euros.
I did buy a Gränsfors Bruk small forest axe about 5 years ago. My first choice was actually a Hults Bruk axe but I could not find any locally. The Gränsfors was available and it costed me 75 euros. I think they were not that famous back then.

A good idea is to look at the modern nomadic people- Nenets, Komi, Sami etc. Some of them do not have the option to get the awesome tools with awesome steels. They use what is available for them and things get done.

Reactions: Robson Valley

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
They look very similar to 2 axes i have by husqvarna, maybe Hults Bruk are the manufacturer. They're axes are brilliant if so and stay sharp for a long time. Very worth the cost.

leon-1

They look very similar to 2 axes i have by husqvarna, maybe Hults Bruk are the manufacturer. They're axes are brilliant if so and stay sharp for a long time. Very worth the cost.
Hults Bruks are the same company. I have axes that are Hultafors which are not available in the UK. I also have variants of axes that don't exist anywhere, like the 600gm with a 19 inch handle,that IMHO is as good as the SFA.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Good vid. Excellent axes, virtually the same high quality as Gränsfors Bruks but at a friendlier cost.
No, Husqvarna does not own Hults Bruk. Hults Bruk is owned by Hultafors Group.

But, Neil, I was of the impression they were also made by craftsmen, but in a more efficirnt way? More like a series production.

Gränsfors and Wetterlings are connected, same family owns both axe manufacturers.

The classic looking Husqvarna axes are made by Wetterlings ?
The other ones I guess in China?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE