How the wind blows...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
No work for me today... We are supposed to be putting in some big RSJ's (steels) on site today and the size of them makes it an awkward job at the best of times, but with this wind, it makes it a no no.
We are having high tides at the mo and they reckon that with the wind, the tides will be 1.5 meters higher still, so I am now going to nip down the beach for a nosey in a bit..
Hows the wind up your way..?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Blew kind of rough in the middle of the night but calm just now. They've got snow a bit North of us but we're just a bitty damp.

cheers,
Toddy

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Was blowing a hoolie here during the night Jon, loads of the ogbigitory fence panels have been blown to bits, but the wind has subsided a little since 7 this morning, still we had a massive hail shower followed by thunder and lightning a short while ago, looking at the news, the winds are supposed to come back with a vengence by late morning/early afternoon - joy

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Pretty blowy in the night Jon - I'd say force 7 or 8 round the farm - big enough to bend that eucalyptus (40') out the front of the cottage to about 30 degrees off true

No massive damage thankfully

Red

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Had fun out today... Went down to the beach at high tide and the sea was right up to the top of the beach and had even thrown a load of rocks onto the road. Waves were pretty big and it was amazing watching them crash over the rock...
Windylooe012648x486.jpg

Windylooe021648x486.jpg

Nipped into looe as well and the water had been up onto the streets, but I think the shops survived a flooding...
Windylooe028648x486.jpg

Also found an empty carpark that had been flooded and so had a play in the puddles that were left...:D
Landyinwatertalland018568x426.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE