how much fuel to take - Swedish Army trianga

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

yomperalex

Nomad
Jan 22, 2011
Reading
Hi all.

I''m off for a 4 day hike on Saturday, going to finally use my trianga with the spirit burner.

I don't have any time to do any trials, so any advice on how much meths to take - am planning on 3 x breakfast (nosh & brew), 3 x diner (nosh and brew) and 3 x brew.

TIA

Alex

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
And - even if you do run out of fuel - you can use the windshield as a wood-burner! Turns it a lovely coppery colour and becomes a bit more "flexible", but still good for decades more use afterwards.

Actually, as far as meths goes, I'd take more than 1 litre. Whilst it should be enough, I find that I often have it on the go for additional brews (love my tea, me!). Put another 500ml in "just in case".........

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
1 litre for a proper Trangia, 1.5 - 2 litre for the Swedish Army alcohol cooksets. Real Trangia's are far more fuel efficient.

It really depends on exactly what you are cooking, nosh to me is fresh food, to others it a can of All Day Breakfast.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE