how long you long.have you been a bushy amd where ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
So here I was. In town chatting to a couple.of my.mates "our boys" from the local barracks and we're talking BushCraft. Etc etc
Chris turns round asks if.I'm interested in.doing.the.grand.canyon (known him for.20 yrs ) been some.interesting.places with him

So heres.the.question how long.have you been a BushCrafter. and.where have you been so fa

Me.I've been been BushCraft for (though I never thought of it is.BushCraft) since I was a teen
I've always been a mountaineer hiker
And.where
And this.is where I've been on my.travels so far
Trekked the rocky mountains. National park Twice. ( 1999 & 2001). (even got chance to co-pilot a Cessna )
Canada's northern territories
British Colombia
Trekked jasper national park
Hiked the Philippines
Hiked. Most of the.lake district
Backpacked across eu ( Spain France Italy Germany Holland Czech Republic

Hoping.to do china and russia within.next five yrs

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Iv been roughly a 3mile radius of my house, but I no it like the back of my hand! Any further and I get a nosebleed

Bindle

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2014
The Mendips
This is a very interesting question. I see you are a very well travelled man, I too have 'been about' ;)

Anyway, back to the point.... similar to you really, I never used to describe myself as a 'Bushcrafter' or the like, everyone knows I like being outdoors, a bit like being gay I suppose, everyone knows what goes on, but no-one really wants all the details. As for where I have Bushcrafted (is that a word?) I reckon that each place I have been has taught me something useful that can be used in a different place. But like the above, I now travel all over the Mendips and know them really well, besides I can't afford to travel much further than Bristol by car nowadays!

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Like a lot of folks on here, it was just camping that we did, before a name was given to it, & like Cranmere been at it on & off for over 50yrs(I'm 56) learnt stuff from my granddad(mums dad)who lived with us.

Rob

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Going that far would scare me.

But then I've never been to your house.
Ha to be honest mate I wouldn't go that for if I had the choice, just far enough to get some piece! Although I would risk a nose bleed for Christmas dinner at yours red as I imagine that would be a god spread :)

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I'm guessing that's just your portion Red? there a few more tables out of shot....

Anyway, bushcraft? don't know, I'm not sure how I class what I do, I just like being outside - found this site from searching fireboxes, had a look a round and ended up staying.

lake district, peak district, South Scotland, NE Scotland, France, Belgium, Germany, Portugal, Italy, Iceland. Mostly in the past, I now have other commitments so I can't just pack a bag and go at the moment. But when things calm down and kids can look after themselves without burning the house down or starving, then I'll start getting out n about a bit more.

Jimmy.S.

Nov 25, 2012
Edinburgh
I've been outdoors since I was tiny. Off up the highlands regularly, local and not so local woodlands. In fairness though I wouldn't call my self a "bushcrafter" although I do practice what people know as bushcraft or outdoor living skills.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE