how do you get photos to show up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

smojo

Forager
Jan 19, 2014
West Yorkshire
Tried to add photos to a post but when I click on the INSERT IMAGE icon , all I get is the option to add a URL link presumably to a photo hosting site. I want actual photos on the post so what's the issue please?

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
QUick version,

Upload your photos to your photobucket account. Once uploaded there look under the photo for some text starting [IMG---------
Copy and paste this text directly into your post.

Thats it.

smojo

Forager
Jan 19, 2014
West Yorkshire
Thanks, that's what I did though and I just got a text link on the post, wanted an actual photo but think you might have to be full member to get that facility.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I believe the facility is available to all members....

If you find a post with a photo in it - then "quote" the post as a reply - then look at the way the text appears around the photo information - just make sure that your appears similar in your posts.

You don't actually have to "publish" the reply, just use it as an example.

ATB

Ogri the trog

smojo

Forager
Jan 19, 2014
West Yorkshire

This is what happens when I use the INSERT IMAGE and put the flickr link of my photo in - I get a box with a little cross in it. Checking someone else's photo by replying with quote looks the same except their link ends with a .jpg before the closing IMG quote so let's try adding that and see what happens

12835278234.jpg

same again huh! now I'll try using the LINK button

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36802431@N04/12835278234/

so that gives me a link now but still not an actual photo. I want to crack this as it's bl***y annoying me. Hang on I've had this before on another forum. Let's see how I fixed that. Let's try again

12835278234_96ebef36ff.jpg

yippee, you have to grab the BBcode then edit out all the surplu crap and make sure your just have the bit that starts with https and ends with a jpg extension

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Open that flickr link

At the bottom right of the main black screen is a small white box with an arrow. Click it

Select
Grab the HTML/BBCode

Click the button marked

Use the drop down arrow to choose a size

Then copy the text in the box and paste it onto this site.

Done

Last edited:

smojo

Forager
Jan 19, 2014
West Yorkshire
Open that flickr link

At the bottom right of the main black screen is a small white box with an arrow. Click it

Select

Click the button marked

Use the drop down arrow to choose a size

Then copy the text in the box and paste it onto this site.

Done
Thanks mate - was just sussing it and posting my results when you must have wrote this. Got there in the end.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
yippee, you have to grab the BBcode then edit out all the surplu crap and make sure your just have the bit that starts with https and ends with a jpg extension
You don't need to edit anything out - just grab the whole lot and paste it in, don't use the picture button, just cut and paste

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
notice how the bottom right corner of the 'reply' box or 'new thread' box has three options, post quick reply/go advanced/cancel, click on go advanced and in the following link click on ''preview'', the code should now show as the proper photo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE