how do you get a bcuk badge?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
i recently paid my subscription to become a full member and it said i'd get a badge. do you have to pay more for it or do i have to contact someone in regards
to get ting a badge. i was at the recent scottish meet and saw a few bodies with them on and id quite fancy one too.

regards
james

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
If you've paid your subscription Tony should get in contact with you. He is a v. busy man at the moment though. Hang in there.
:)

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
tony is in the middle of moving into and renovating a house, at the moment he is waiting for the phone lines to be put in so he is a bit cut off at the moment and as a result BCUK is running a little behind.

we should catch up in the next few weeks though

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
ive paid my subscription last month. its just that at the scottish meet i was told that some members who had done the same as me had got badges. i was just wondering if i got a badge included with my subscription or if i had to pay more on top.

regards
james

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
i was just wondering if i got a badge included with my subscription or if i had to pay more on top.
You sure do James....... a free BCUK badge will full membersip subscription :D.... just give tony a pm and I'm sure it'll be sorted asap when he is back online and up and running.

Ed

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Guys, sorry about the hold up, I've got very limited access at the moment but I have got a list of the people that have subscribed and you'll all get badges :D If you could PM me your addresses I'd appreciate it, other wise I'll have to chase them up so I can post out the badge.

Thanks for your patience ;)

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
OK perhaps I'm being stupid but I cannot find anything that mentions this, but what advantages are there to subscribing etc? :confused:

Grez..

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
Just a suggestion but this has to be the most difficult site to join I've found. Howzabout a big 'Join here' button. I've thought of it a few times but it is almost impossible to track down and i still can't find out how much I have to give.
I am happy to give but it's not made easy. I imagine more people would contibute more than words to this excellent site.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Grez said:
OK perhaps I'm being stupid but I cannot find anything that mentions this, but what advantages are there to subscribing etc? :confused:

Grez..

A nice warm feeling that you are doing your bit to keep this wonderful forum going. :p :D

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Danceswithhelicopters said:
i still can't find out how much I have to give.

C'mon it's not that hard:

1. Click on 'User CP'
2. Scroll down.
3. Under Miscellaneous you'll see a 'Paid Subscriptions' link.

I agree with you however, A 'subscribe' type link up there near 'Community' on the menu bar would be easier for first time visitors to find.

leon-1

redcollective said:
C'mon it's not that hard:

1. Click on 'User CP'
2. Scroll down.
3. Under Miscellaneous you'll see a 'Paid Subscriptions' link.

I agree with you however, A 'subscribe' type link up there near 'Community' on the menu bar would be easier for first time visitors to find.

Hyper link sent Via PM:)

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
It isn't easy!-why have 3 steps of scrolling through various fields not explicity marked as 'Joining' or 'membership'.
If people have to be sent hyperlinks to help them then the system is letting the forum down.
How long would eBay or Amazon last if the way to join wasn't easy.
In the selling world 9 out 10 people don't complain about a site they just don't comeback (or contribute).
I wan't to contribute-all I'm suggesting its made easier for everyone-more money for the site etc.

leon-1

Danceswithhelicopters said:
It isn't easy!-why have 3 steps of scrolling through various fields not explicity marked as 'Joining' or 'membership'.
If people have to be sent hyperlinks to help them then the system is letting the forum down.
How long would eBay or Amazon last if the way to join wasn't easy.
In the selling world 9 out 10 people don't complain about a site they just don't comeback (or contribute).
I wan't to contribute-all I'm suggesting its made easier for everyone-more money for the site etc.

Appreciate that.

We did have a big donate button at one time, then everything got linked into the shop and a number of other things, there were multiple places and ways of paying, then the site crashed and Tony has had to build it back up from scratch, pretty much on his own, whilst still trying to maintain a life away from here.

This method was probably already in the software so Tony has utilised it so he could get the site up faster, as before things will probably get easier and more user friendly in time, but for the moment Tony is trying to get a lot of other things edited and running. I know that you can appreciate that:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE