how do I select parts of a members post without having ita all quoted.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Have you got it yet? I think I have but I'm bu****ed if i could explain how or even if i could do it next time :banghead:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
You're almost there :cool: ~ you just need to keep the quote info in place.

Note ~ The red asterisks [*] below are there to make the quote wrap visible.

[*QUOTE=blacktimberwolf;973868] trying again [*/QUOTE]

In order to quote your post within mine the system needs to know that it's going to be putting a quote into the post.
The [*QUOTE=blacktimberwolf;973868*] shows the system that what follows is going to be a quote, who it's going to be quoting and which post it's a quote from. The [*/QUOTE*] section at the end tells the system that any information following it is outside of the quote you wish to make.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Keep the
tags on the outside and delete the text you don't want.

In fact it was Bushwacker that gave the easiest solution.
I shall try to explain in non technical terms for those unfamiliar with computer speak.
On the reply with quotes, there is a quote tag (a quote in brackets) at the begining & the end of the post, simply delete what you don't want to keep, not touching the two quote tags or the name & number following the quote tag at the begining.
Leave your reply then submit.........magic.:cool:

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Thanks guys, I couldn't have done it without you :)

Now that's sorted, Can anyone tell me how you take selected parts from several posts when replying i.e. have 2,3,4 quotes from different posts on a single reply.......:wow1:

:thankyou:

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
The [*QUOTE=blacktimberwolf;973868*] shows the system that what follows is going to be a quote, who it's going to be quoting and which post it's a quote from. The [*/QUOTE*] section at the end tells the system that any information following it is outside of the quote you wish to make.

Thanks for that decorum, makes more sense to me now....:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
yep clicked on that, a tick appears, then what ? I can't get to the other posts other than the one I've first chosen...:confused:

Click on the "Multi-quote This Message" button for each post you which to copy, when you get to the last one hit the "Reply With Quote" button, that'll enter every post you've selected with the multiquote

Any text you want to remove from any quote just do it within the {Quote=name] & [/Quote} marks

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Click on the "Multi-quote This Message" button for each post you which to copy, when you get to the last one hit the "Reply With Quote" button, that'll enter every post you've selected with the multiquote

Any text you want to remove from any quote just do it within the {Quote=name] & [/Quote} marks

Put the cursor on the/a bit you wish to delete. Right click the mouse and drag the to highlight the text. Click on delete/back. Repeat as necessary.

another try....................

How did you that ?

Like this?????

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE