how do I select parts of a members post without having ita all quoted.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
When replying to posts with quotes in the 'go advanced' option how do L select a particular phrase or sentence to which I wish to reply :confused:
i.e. just to have a part of the post encircled & quoted & not the whole thing.

Sorry, it's not very clear, thanks for your help folks.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
When replying to posts with quotes in the 'go advanced' option how do L select a particular phrase or sentence to which I wish to reply :confused:

Trying again

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com

First option is to copy/paste the text and wrap it with quote code

Second is to quote the full post and manually remove the unwanted bits. You sometimes see people use the text bit <snip>, to mark they removed a noticable amount of text.

Third is to put an emphasis in the quoted post. I made the most important bit from your post bold.

HTH

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Quote the original post (Click on 'Reply with quote')

Put the cursor on the/a bit you wish to delete. Right click the mouse and drag the to highlight the text. Click on delete/back. Repeat as necessary.

Let's say that the red highlighted bits are what you want rid of ~ highlight and delete the first section and then do the same for the second. You should now have:

Hope that helps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE