how do i get photo's from email onto the forum ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
evening all, some one sent me some photo's of some knives that are being sent to me.

i've got the photo's on email but i can't figure out how to get them on here.......any help gratefully recieved from the techy crowd :)

Robbi

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Download that zip file to your desktop or wherever and then open it, it should contain your pics (.jpgs)

You'll need to have winzip installed to open them if you don't already, it's still free I think.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Lol, download that zip file and tell me what happens bud

You need to download them off the email basically, at the moment they're still on the email rather than saved on your PC. Sending stuff as a zip file allows the sender to reduce the size (in mb) to something which will be allowed through the email system, piccies can be 5 or 7mb each for example, sending a bunch of those can sometimes be a problem for the recipient. The guy who sent the pics to you used Winzip to compress the file size down, you need to use it again at your end to make those files bigger again.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
GetAttachment.aspx

bugger !

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Can you not just look at the picture, right click- save/send image to wherever (my piccy's/doc's ect) and then use a host service?

It sounds complicated, but its really easy once you've done it a few times :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE