How do I convert OH to wild camping?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Bake cakes I can do....Flower arranging, well, I dont need to know that, as no one has ever given me flowers.

masongary44

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 6, 2004
Leeds, England
I remember SMS'ing my girlfriend (at the time) now wife a picture of my tarp / hammock camp set up out in the middle of nowhere. Back then she was suitably interested and even suggested that she might like to have a go..... Unfortunately she has slept since then and the closest I can get her to the outdoors is a 8 birth static caravan with kitchen, 3 bedrooms and en-suite bathroom. The only plus side to that is it is located near some lovely walks (Ingleton).

I think the point is, if it is something they will enjoy they will want to do it anyway. If it takes a lot of effort to convince them, they will probably never thank you for the experience.... Mine certainly wouldnt. :(

Still, I go away for peace and quiet so probably for the best.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I just took SWMBO out under the tarp in our garden and showed her how nice the night sky was and after I suggested it she said "I'll camp out if I can have a ground mat a sleeping bag and a pillow":beerchug:

masongary44

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 6, 2004
Leeds, England
Thats a good plan, but, its a different matter when you take away the fact that the bathroom is only yards away.... My wife sees me pack my trowel and leaves the room...:rolleyes:

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
My wife is keen to start bushcraft camping, as soon as I can fit a jacuzzi in the tent:rolleyes:

The wife is happy enough for me and the lad to go camping so long as I take her away on sunny holidays (Gran Canaria again this year) and luxury weekend breaks; in fact, I get the best of both worlds :)

I must be married to your wifes sister!!!!!

mjk123

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2006
Switzerland
>>How can I convince her that wild camping is a good idea?

In France? Easy, just take her to an official French campground and show her the toilets.
Job done, so to speak.

lo mate
i had a similar concern with getting the better half to come wild camping with me as i was worried i would put her off so i asked the question here in this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27624&highlight=romantic+bushcrafting a lot of good ideas were suggested and they worked for defiante! we have been together 2yrs and she comes camping with me when ever we both get the oppourtunity
regards
Sam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE