How can i mail an axe to my mate within England?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dd786

Nov 22, 2011
kent
sold my GB SFA to my mate but hes up north and I'm in London. How do i get it up to him. According to royal and mail this is illegal... why?

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Legal AFAIK although some POs seem to not know their own guidelines

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/96/~/prohibited-and-restricted-items

Sharp objects (including knives, kitchen utensils and gardening tools)

• International & UK - Allowed in the mail, see packaging guidelines below:
    • Sharp objects like knives*, kitchen utensils and gardening tools may only be posted if they are packaged appropriately so that they are no risk to employees, other postal items or recipients.
      *Excludes knives that are banned under UK laws - see Weapons
    • Wrap heavy cardboard around sharp edges and points, strong enough to ensure that the contents do not pierce the outer packaging. Wrap each item with cushioning material. Place in a suitable outer container such as a padded envelope.
    • The sender's name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.

Chalkflint

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2017
Oxford
I sent some axes early this year by Parcel force. But they were one of the few who would carry them.
One problem I did encountered was using Parcel2Go. I could not use them to book Parcelforce as axes are prohibited by Parcel2Go despite the fact that Parcelforce would happily carry them
Chalkflint

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I still send most things via royal fail in my local post office. Knives, axes, etc are not banned by them; it's just that some monkey used a picture of a knife as a weapon on the literature of banned articles. As long as it is safely wrapped then there is no issue, but if the jobsworths want to know what is in it then tell them it's tools or something similarly vague. My local PO stopped asking me a long time ago (mostly because I got a sex toy out of the box to show them when the new enthusiastic staff member persisted her enquiries!).

I use parcels2go or similar when I have heavy or large items (like full sized axes) and end up with UPS or DPD normally

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE