'HotPot' solar cooker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Cook your dinner using only the Sun? It is possible, even in the UK.

If you're not a climate change sceptic, this may be the future for cooking in the UK! ;)

I have an almost new HotPot solar cooker for sale. It comprises a 3-quart, black-enameled steel pot supported by its rim inside a covered, transparent, tempered glass bowl and polished aluminum reflector panels.

Rather than me explain how it works, you are best looking at this description from one of the US commercial sellers: http://www.solarcooker-at-cantinawest.com/hotpot-solar-cookers.html

I have had it from brand new, and have used it about three times in my garden to check it out, getting as far as cooking rice. Trees shading my garden mean that it isn't really practical for me to use here.

It is on sale for £45 (or reasonable offer considered) plus postage (I need to confirm shipping costs but, as it is fairly heavy, I'm expecting around £16 for ParcelForce signed for) or you can collect (near Oxford). It would cost you $180 to get one of these shipped from USA.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Geoff

IMG_3745_zpsa3c6599f.jpg

IMG_3746_zps91843a6b.jpg

IMG_3747_zpsc902db0d.jpg

Last edited:

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
A fine weather bump and a price drop. Think how much gas or electricity you could have saved over the past week cooking with this! :)

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE