Hot Spoon to Stop a Mosquito Bite Itching

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheBrook

Sep 3, 2014
West Midlands
www.youtube.com
I’m sure you’ve all had the ‘pleasure’ of being ‘kissed’ by a mosquito. I recently got bombarded by them when making a Bushcraft/Wild Camping video. I kept reading people recommending placing a hot spoon on the bite to reduce the swelling and take away the itch, so I thought I would give it a go. This video will show you what I did, the amount of pain I was in and the results.

Has anyone else tried this method before?

P.S. It's worth watching for the moments following 2m15s in :p

===============

Hot Spoon to Stop a Mosquito Bite Itching

[video=youtube_share;pSPZxvInVzM]http://youtu.be/pSPZxvInVzM?list=UU0...jT8qZxB baCOvRw[/video]

===============

Last edited by a moderator:

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Digging in a fingernail? Can you elaborate on that, or do you just mean scratching?

I find the bite point and dig a fingernail straight in so when I pull the finger away there's a groove in the mossie bite. That takes care of the itch (well for me at least) I've found scratching only makes the itch worse and can open the skin which could lead to infection.

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
I'll give that a go next time I'm bitten. I'll add a spoon to the FAK.

You've got some good videos on that youtube channel, just subscribed.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I didn't go too hot, when it's super hot do you just tap it on the bite?

I use the handle end of the spoon, so there is more accuracy in its placement. That way the surrounding skin unnaffected by the bite doesn't feel any intense pain. It's all concentrated on the itchy bit, so it's a pleasurable/pain experience.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Don`t usually use anything on a mosquito sting, but if I do it is mostly a vinegar based remedy.

The spoon Method reminds me of a scene from the Movie Major Payne where he relieves a wounded comrade of his stomack pain (from a gut shot) by breaking his middle finger.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE