Hong Kong

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
There's a good chance I will be heading out to Hong Kong at the end of the month :)

Although it's a work trip hopefully I will have some time for exploring and seeing the sights. Just wondered therefore whether anyone had been there, places they would recommend, things to see and do? Cheers

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
Go to the night markets in mongkok as they're a real treat for the senses and you'll pick up some bargin goodies. Also there are the floating restaurants which are cool, and the revolving one somewhere on the island. There are many shopping centres but one on the mainland called ocean terminal, near there you can either cross the ferry or board a hovercraft to the island. The Hong Kong science museum and cultural centre is just around the corner from there also. If you like a bit of gambling there's the jockey club and if you want to go further afield you can get the hydrofoil to Macau. Whatever you do, despite all the McDonalds and pizza huts be sure to sample some of the wonderful street food. Never made me sick. Enjoy!

Oct 4, 2008
Hampshire
If you are there for a while and want to 'decompress' from the hurly-burly, then I suggest a ferry to Lamma Island (from the Admiralty Ferries in front of the Four Seasons/IFC Mall on the Island). Take a bottle of water and then walk from the landing village over the island to the other ferry place. There are no cars on Lamma. Lots of birdlife. Grab some fresh seafood. Ferry back to Aberdeen and Stanley. Nice day out

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE