Honey stove.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
As you may have seen in another thread today i joined the " i own a honey stove club". I have to say it's a nice very well made piece of kit. I have had a few goes putting it together in both configurations and i am a little better at it now. However i think that it may be possible for it to be made even easier.
The tabs on each of the sections are all the same size and in the same position which means that to put it together you have to line up two tabs, four on the door section. I am thinking of adapting mine so that two tabs on the top of each piece are slightly shorter than the bottom by say 3-5 mm. The bottom i am taking as the piece held vertical with the tabs pointing up. This way you ony have line up two tabs and then the other two would sort of automatically drop into place.
I'll have a bit more of a think about it and would welcome any input. If i decide to bite the bullet and have a go i'll post the results here. If it doesn't do any good then at least it will save any other members having a go. One good thing is considering the length of the tabs and how small the width is i don't think i can ruin the stove. Over to you.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
A few goes at it with cold, numb fingers on top of some lonely mountain will go a long way towards improving your assembly skills.

Sent from my iToaster using Tapatalk

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
I bought one a few months ago but haven't tried it until now and my first thought was also how to not get soot all over everything?
Also, do you use a pot which is smaller or larger in diameter than the stove? Smaller should be more efficient for heating but then you can't keep the parts in the pot/container.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE