Homestead Harvest Exchange.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I know that in the Traditional Crafts section of the forum there is usually a secret santa type affair each year, but I was wondering if there was any interest within the Homestead section of the forum of doing a bit of a Round Robin with preserves in the early Autumn, around October time.

Those who want in, put their name in the hat, and each person gets the name of one person from that list. We then each post onto said person upto 3 jars/bottles of home produced preserves. Such as Jam, Chutney, Pickle, Mead, Wine, Beer etc... Using either produce you have grown yourself, or foraged yourself.[1] Nothing too extravagant, the idea is to keep it under the size restrictions for a Royal Mail Small Parcel (2kg and 35cm x 25cm x 16cm).

Anyone Interested in such a crazy idea?

J

[1] Obviously you don't need to grow the sugar/vinegar etc... yourself, but ideally the principle ingredient would be grown or foraged, e.g. Wild Elderflower Cordial, Home Grown Rhubarb Jam etc...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think this sounds like a good idea :D

No idea what folk'll get (blackcurrants I can do :) ) but I'll sign up for it :D

cheers,
M

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Er quite clearly you haven't tried my green tomato chutney! 😲
I wasn't good

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE