Homemade Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Bought myself a bargain the other day on Ebay, 10M of ripstop nylon for £10 + £2.24 (Odd figure) post and packing.
Picked it up with a view to making another hammock along the lines of the Magikelly ones.....
First attempt, I soon realised why the Magik hammocks have 2 thin strips on each side, as I had stitched 2 pieces together, in theory to save time!! ha thats where I went wrong, the single seam just wedged itself neatly along your spine, very uncomfortable!

So after a long while unpicking, I then used 2 thin strips, along the edges, and voila, it worked a treat, nice and comfy.

The materials a bit thinner than the Magik hammock, but works well and packs up nice and small too. I used some paracord and Karibinars to secure it, and my daughter tested it for me, she plans to sleep in it at Merthyr Mawr, so fingers crossed it'll stay in one piece! I gave it a go too, and for my fuller frame it was great, stitches held too!

Here's a few pictures of the finished result in my garden test bed............

Hammock02.jpg

Hammock01.jpg

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
great stuff looks lighter than the one we made. It takes a bit of messing around to get designs right but its worth it in the end as i love mine.

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
That sounds like a good idea, we'll have to wait until after Merthyr, but then an August meet would be good, hopefully the swamp might have dried out by then too! bit damp last time eh?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE